Monday 13 May 2013

To kill or not to kill has become a question

Opponents of euthanasia launched a media campaign in Quebec in advance for a May 18 March. The campaign includes a professional televised commercial showing ill patients in the hospital with a label reading: "the most vulnerable need our protection,".

"The Quebec government is working on a bill to legalize 'medical aid in dying' which really amounts to nothing else but euthanasia". The Catholic Organization for Life and Family (COLF) just released a book titled "Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide: Urgent Questions" outlining the Catholic teaching on the issue as well as the current state of the law.

There is no separate offence called Euthanasia under the criminal code. It's classified as either first or second degree murder, while assisted suicide has a maximum of a 14-year prison penalty.

This relates to Law 12 because at the moment we're talking about Criminal Law. I've always been pro-life and every person regardless of their health deserves the right to live.

http://www.bccatholic.ca/canadian/2699-to-kill-or-not-to-kill-has-become-a-question

7 comments:

  1. I don't believe in making people suffer more than they need to, but at the same time euthanasia can be wrong in some situations, so I don't know where I stand on it really

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is always such a hard topic... everybody deserves to live but sometimes it is what the person wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a tough subject. I don't know where I stand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it's based on the patient whether or not to say if they wish to end their sufferings. But I don't know what's the right answer since both sides have good points on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sad, I don't know where I stand either... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This isn't an easy question but I think everyone has the right to make decisions concerning their own body.

    ReplyDelete